Effective, efficient, and sustainable ID/DD organizations: are they possible in today's world of dwindling resources and mounting demands for more and better services?
Yes...with the practical tools and strategies in this lifeline for ID/DD leaders.
Developed by two of the most trusted authorities in the disability field, this innovative business leadership guide explains the nuts and bolts of successful change in clear and accessible terms, so any ID/DD organization can adapt and thrive in a high-pressure landscape. Managers and administrators will start with a quick self-assessment to determine how well they're meeting the most urgent challenges organizations face today. Then, with 8 highly effective approaches to change, they'll discover how to
1. develop "21st century thinking styles," so they can communicate better, solve problems faster, and align their services and supports
2. measure organizational outcomes and outputs, and use the information for reporting, monitoring, evaluation, and continuous quality improvement
3. create high-performance teams that are organized, informed, empowered, and accountable
4. employ a system of supports to address individual needs and improve outcomes for people with disabilities
5. use evidence-based practices to assist in making good clinical, managerial, and policy decisions
6. implement a performance-based evaluation and management system to strengthen effectiveness and efficiency
7. create value and enhance sustainability through real innovation, whether it's developing new approaches or reconfiguring current approaches
8. overcome resistance to change so they can successfully rewrite the future of their organization
For each approach to change, readers will get specific, down-to-earth guidance: action steps to take right now, short summaries of key takeaway points, strategies and examples from successful organizations around the world, and photocopiable Organization Self-Assessment worksheets to help them quickly prioritize their next steps.
An indispensable guide to surviving the shifting landscape of service delivery, this how-to book will help propel ID/DD organizations into the 21st century so they can deliver high-quality, individualized services to people with disabilities.
256 pages. 2012