While supplies last, you save $6.40 (40%)!
A growing body of research shows that exposure to chemicals in everyday products like cleaning supplies, cosmetics, plastics, and even toys, are adversely affecting our children. Healthy Child Healthy World is a non-profit organization that offers parents a definitive guide to creating a healthy, nontoxic, and environmentally sound home. This book is filled with simple steps and solutions that will improve the quality of life for you and your children.
Unfortunately, tens of millions of Americans, overwhelmingly children, now face chronic disease and illnesses including cancer, autism, asthma, allergies, birth defects, ADD/ADHD, obesity/diabetes, and learning and developmental disabilities. The number gets higher each year and more parents ask WHY? Scientific evidence increasingly finds chemicals in everyday products like cleaning supplies, beauty care and cosmetics, home furnishings, plastics, food, and even toys that are contributors to these ailments.
The good news is that you can something to protect your children with a few simple changes!
Inside, you?ll find practical, inexpensive, and easy lifestyle advice for every stage of parenting including:
* Advice on preparing a nontoxic nursery for a new baby
* What every expectant mom needs to do to have a safer pregnancy
* Clarifying which plastics and baby products to avoid and the healthier solutions
* Tips to take to the grocery store, including the most and least pesticide-laden fruits and vegetables and the best healthy kid-approved snacks
* Which beauty care / cosmetic products pose the biggest risk to health
* The best recipes for healthy snacks, low-cost and safe homemade cleaners, and non-toxic art supplies
* How to easily minimize allergens, dust, and lead
* A greener garden, yard, and outdoor spaces
* Tips to keep your pets healthy, and the unwanted pests out naturally
* Renovation ideas, naturally fresher indoor air, and safer sleeping options,
* An 27 page extensive shopper?s guide to most trusted and best products every home needs
Inside is also packed with over 40 featured contributions from renowned doctors, environmental scientists, and public-health experts like Dr. Harvey Karp, Dr Philip Landrigan, and William McDonough, as well as many celebrity parents like Gwyneth Paltrow, Tobey Maguire, Sheryl Crow, Erin Brockovich and Tom Hanks. A special featured contribution from First Lady Michelle Obama on her best ways of coping with her daughter?s asthma.
This excellent green living guide contains simple solutions and daily steps for changing the way we live."--Library Journal
336 pages. 2009